Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Smile and Wave

I have been in Switzerland for 1 week now, the consensus a) french is hard b) I miss home c) I need internet to function. I departed for my exchange on Saturday February 15 and it has been a roller coaster of emotions. When my parents took me to the airport I was equally nervous and excited (okay maybe more nervous), but in spite of this I was able to say goodbye to my parents and put on ocean between me and my home. When I arrived in Switzerland the French hit my like a brick wall. I knew it was going to be hard but this is a different story. I hear people saying things but it means nothing to me, all I do is smile and say 'oui' when I think its appropriate. Not being able to speack the language and not completing understanding people all the time is giving me a lot of time to think and a lot of time to work myself up. When I'm lost in the conversion all I can think about is how much I miss my home and all the people I had to say goodbye too. On top of all of this I was without internet and phone for about a week and I realized how dependant I am on something such a silly. Although this is proving to be a challenging experience form controlling my emotions to learning a new language, I know in the end I will grow from this and come out a new and better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment