Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Momma Bear


This is a hard post to write, because a) I don’t want to admit it, and b) I don’t want her to be right. I’m just going to be honest, I’m not really feeling homesick or missing anything all that much but more my friends and family, and I bet you can guess by the tittle that the person I miss the most is indeed, my mom. The reason why this is hard to write is because I don’t want to admit to her that I miss her the most because then that would make her right and give her to much satisfaction but I have to be honest and say that I do miss her the most. It’s really true what they say, ‘you don’t know what you have till its gone’ (or in this case, till you have to live without it for 3 months). I’ve always known how much my mom does for me, but it wasn’t until I was without her that I fully appreciated it. We often take for granted the simplest things in life, like our moms, but those are often the most important things.  I don’t necessarily miss someone doing everything for me (although that is nice) but I just mostly miss her always being there, whether it is to talk to, to laugh with, to hug or to bicker with and I know I can do or say anything to her and she will still love me. Like any healthy relationship we have our fights and being the completely opposite people means we fight, a lot. In spite of this, I still miss her and everything she does for me. Even though she annoys me sometimes and I don’t always like her, I will always love her. So for all of you teenagers reading this, be grateful for your mothers, tell her you love her, give her hugs, let her give you hugs because before you know it you will have to do without her. One day you will be in the same position as me (maybe not in Switzerland, but somewhere without your mom), she does all those things for you because she loves you, so appreciate her and show her how much you love and appreciate her because love is a verb and you need to show her you love her, just saying it isn’t enough. Mom I know your reading this, and most likely crying by now, but I love you and can't wait to give you a hug in 2 months!

1 comment:

  1. Grace you are one special young lady! To be able to make these statements is VERY hard and I am sure your friends will read this and think twice about even THINKING about how annoying their Mums (for a few days!!!) As for your Mum (spelling is the English way!) I am so sure she is SO PROUD OF YOU and you are right just sitting there crying her eyes out!! Have a wonderful time Grace!!!

    ReplyDelete