Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Half Way Gone


Today marks the exact halfway point of my exchange! It’s a funny emotional position to be in, kind of like glass half full or glass half empty situation, on one hand I’m sad that this adventure is half over but on the other I’m excited that I will see my friends and family in 6 weeks. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been having a great time and I haven’t really felt homesick, or ever been like “I want to go home”, but I miss the hominess of home and not being a guest where I live. My host family is great and I really do feel comfortable but no matter what, this isn’t my home and I can’t raid the fridge hourly or leave my stuff anywhere and everywhere. Nevertheless, I still don’t want the experience to end so soon! These next few weeks are jammed packed and they’re going to fly by! I have 6 weeks left and 3 of which I will be traveling, which also means I only have 3 weeks of classes left! In 8 days I leave with the school to go to Edinburgh for a week, after which I then have 3 days to recover and pack for a 2 week trip to Abu Dhabi and Oman, then I have a week after that to pack ALL of my things and fly back to Canada. Although it’s going to be a busy few weeks, I’m really glad that all these exciting things are at the end, it’s like I’m going out with a bang, plus if they were at the beginning of the trip it would have been boring at the end, this way it’s like saving the best for last! So although I only have 6 weeks left, they’re going to be the busiest and most exciting 6 weeks for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment