Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

Haggis, Highlands & Hostels


Yesterday I got back from my amazing trip to Edinburgh, and because of the major lack of internet and contact with the outside world, I was unable to do any blog posts while I was there! I was a little worried about this trip as we were staying in a sketchy hostel that could potentially have bed bugs, I also wasn’t sure how it would play out with all the other students. I did know everyone who was going, but I was worried I would get left out because they all have their friends and I’m the odd one out. Although the hostel was a little sketchy, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was definitely a character building experience! Although I was also a little worried about being left out, the trip was actually a great way to get to know people better and build more relationships. Even though I knew almost everyone going on the trip, I hadn’t really gotten to know a lot of them because they aren’t really good friends of my exchange partner, but I was able to get to know those people better! I was able to get to know those people better because there were 14 girls in my room! Yes, that’s right 14! The room was a complete disaster the whole time, there were suitcases open and sprawled across the floor, people’s belongings scattered around the room and for pretty much the whole week the floor was virtually undetectable.  Thankfully we didn’t spend much time in the room, as we had a very busy schedule! On the first day we spent the whole day on a bus driving through the Scottish highlands, which was beautiful but not as exciting as it sounds. It was basically 8 hours on a bus with 5 stops lastly from 15 minutes to an hour, but at least there were nice views! The rest of my short time in Scotland was spent roaming around Edinburgh. Whether it was going on a city tour, a ghost tour, shopping, hiking or going to get something to eat, we were walking, walking EVERYWHERE! The amount of walking I did on the trip is simply unfathomable! I mean I have never been so tired in my life! My legs hurt, my feet hurt, my WHOLE BODY was in pain! Every night by the time we would get back to the hostel I was basically sleepwalking and it would take me all of 2 seconds to get to sleep! Apart from being exhausting, the trip was really fun and overall another great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment