Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

The Home Stretch


With only 9 days left in this amazing journey, I am over whelmed with so many different emotions. On one hand I’m sad that this experience is going to be over, but on the other, I’m excited to go home, sleep in my own bed and see my family. With my departure date being so close I just want to be home, I don’t want to pack, I don’t want to go to school, (which will be the most pointless thing ever) I don’t want to say goodbye and I don’t want to be on an airplane for 7 hours. Although I don’t want to do any of those things, I don’t really have a choice, but the most stressful thing for me is packing. Coming here I brought 2 suitcases, one of which weighed over the limit, and with the amount of things I bought I am extremely worried about it all fitting. Luckily, I was able to ship a few things home so that opens up some space and I did bring gifts for my host family, so again, that makes a little more room. Even though I was able to lighten the loud a little, I still don’t think it will fully compensate for all the things I bought! I will admit that I do have a little, okay maybe a big, shopping problem. The thing about shopping in a different country is that it’s kind of a 1 chance deal, it’s not like I can go home to think on it and then go back, it’s now or never kind of shopping and since I’m trying to live with no regrets… I mean I did feel guilty about how much I was buying and how much money I was spending, but not guilty enough to stop. Does this make me an addict, should I go to some sort of meeting? But in all seriousness, I am really worried about it all fitting; I even contemplated buying another carryon suitcase! I mean I’ve accepted that 1 suitcase will, again, weigh over the limit, and I’m fully prepared to pay for that with my own money but I’m most concerned about my suitcase actually zipping up. Although I did buy a lot of things, we can’t forget that some of these things that are filling my suitcases are presents for my beloved family, which I bought for them out of the goodness of my heart! So please, everyone pray that I can zip up my suitcases!

No comments:

Post a Comment