Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

This is the End

I just lived in Switzerland for 3 months. Is this real life, did that really just happen? I imagined doing this exchange for probably a year and then it was hard to believe that it was finally happening and now it’s completely unbelievable that it’s over. I was thinking about it for so long that it never actually seemed like it was going to happen. I knew that I was going, but subconsciously I didn’t believe it. I can’t believe it really did happen and that I really did pack up and leave my home for 3 months. It was a truly amazing, once in a lifetime experience and I’m so thankful that I had the opportunity to do it. I know that I am very lucky, and privileged, to have had this, and many other opportunities, to travel and experience different cultures. It so weird that it’s all over, I am feeling so many different emotions it’s hard to keep track of them all. I’m excited and happy to see my family and friends and be in my own home and sleep in my own bed, but at the same time I’m sad that I have to say goodbye to my Swiss life and I’m even more sad about saying goodbye to Virginie and her family. Although this experience is over, it is just one chapter of my life that is ending and even though that’s sad, the things I’ve learned and the ways I’ve grown as a person because of this trip will help me in all the other chapters of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment